Jennifer, 心理学教授（Professor of Psychology)
- Against Love Poetry - Eavan Boland (I could probably put forward her entire body of work right here...but I'll start with this one)
- My Name is Asher Lev - Chaim Potok
- In the Name of Jesus - Henri Nouwen
- Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
- Much Ado About Nothing - William Shakespeare
- Hope Leslie - Catherine Maria Sedgwick
- Course in General Linguistics - Ferdinand de Saussure
- The Collected Poems - William Butler Yeats
- North and South - Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
- Borderlands/La Frontera - Gloria Anzaldua
Ann, 俄克拉荷马大学营销协调员（Marketing Coordinator at the University of Oklahoma）
- East of Eden- John Steinbeck
- Grapes of Wrath- John Steinbeck
- Blue like Jazz- Donald Miller
- How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie
- Leaving Ruin- Jeff Berryman
- The Good Earth- Pearl Buck
- Celebration of Discipline- Richard Foster
Rebecca, 米德威大学英文系主任（Chair of the English dept. at Midway College）
- The book Thief
- The Poisonwood Bible
- The Great Gatsby
- The Sound and the Fury
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- David Copperfield
- The Color Purple
- The Awakening
- Moby Dick
- The Scarlet Letter
- A Death in the Family
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Out of Africa
- A Room with a View
- The Rainbow
- Mrs. Dalloway
- The Hours
- The God of Small Things
- The Kite Runner
- 1000 Splendid Suns
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, etc etc.
- Plays by T. Williams, A. Miller, W. B. Yeats, Martin McDonough, Brian Friel, John M. Synge, Naomi Wallace, Chekhov, and of course Shakespeare (Edward de Vere) and the Bible!
John, 课程设计师、兼职哲学教授（ Instructional Designer and Adjunct Professor of Philosophy）
- Anna Karinina - Tolstoy
- Brothers Karamazov - Dostoyevsky
- Fear and Trembling - Kierkegaard
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Far From the Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
- Last Temptation of Christ - Kazantzakis
- Emma - Austen
- Flow – Mihaly Csiksentmihaly -
- The Evolving Self - Mihaly Csiksentmihaly
- The Seagulll- Chekov
- Jude the Obscure - Hardy
Richard, 圣经教授（Professor of Biblical Studies）
- Sophocles, Antigone
- The Martyrdom of Perpetua and Felicitas
- Tom Long, Testimony: Talking Ourselves into Being Christian
- Orhan Pamuk, Snow (also Istanbul)
- Constantin Stanislavski, An Actor Prepares
- Jon D. Levenson, Sinai and Zion: An Entry into the Jewish Bible
- Martha Nussbaum, Fragility of Goodness
- Keith Hopkins, A World Filled with Gods: The Strange Triumph of Christianity
- Wayne Meeks, First Urban Christians
- Peter Brown, The Body and Society
- Kenneth Miller, Finding Darwin’s God
- Robert Scholes, The Rise and Fall of English: Restructuring English as a Discipline
Bill, 教育技术师和兼职数学教授（Educational Technologist and Adjunct Professor of Math）
- Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
- The Challenge to Care in Schools - Nel Noddings
- More than a Carpenter - Josh McDowell
- How to get what you want and Want what you get - Willard Tate
- 12 Steps to a Closer Walk with God - Don Umphrey
- The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch and Jeffrey Zaslow
- The Blind Side - Michael Lewis
- Dear Jay, Love Dad - Jay Wilkinson
- Raising a Modern Day Knight - Robert Lewis, and finally
- The Bible - God
Virginia, 斯特拉领导力中心研究和设计副总裁（Vice President of Research and Design at Strata Leadership）
- Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis - really made me think about my faith - why I believe what I do, and what faith really means.
- The Black Cauldron - by Lloyd Alexander. This young adult book was suggested to me by my junior high library teacher. She thought I would enjoy reading fantasy novels and this book, from the Chronicles of Prydain was like an introduction to the genre. This book was why I went on to read J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Lord of the Ring series by J.R.R. Tolkien. I actually read the trilogy prior to reading the Hobbit, even though I received the Hobbit for Christmas one year from my parents before they gifted me the series. The series taught me a lot about adventure, friendship, loyalty, staying true to your commitment.
- The Ugly American is a political novel written by Burdick and Lederer in 1958. It opened my eyes to the maneuverings of various political forces - including countries, ideologies, and the church.
- Exodus by Leon Uris - told me another side of the story of establishment of the Jewish state, post-war.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This series was something our family read together (separately but basically at the same time) and then we enjoyed the movies - I love the lessons on kindness, bravery, friendship, and love. We had some great family discussions from this series (remember the mirror of erised?)
- Straight Man by Richard Russo. This book spoke to my middle age self - I never laughed so hard when reading "silently."
- Dune by Frank Herbert. I enjoyed the intricate combination of political intrigue and science fiction.
- The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov. This series was my introduction to science fiction - who would think a novel about a mathematician could be so fascinating!
- The Blessing by Trent and Smalley. This book changed the way I spoke the future to my children - choosing to paint a picture of the virtuous adults they would become rather than just focusing on achievement.
Chip, 圣经教授（Professor of Biblical Studies)
- Karl Barth, Church Dogmatics. Also his Evangelical Theology: An Introduction.
- Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica.
- Jaroslav Pelikan, The Christian Tradition.
- Alasdair MacIntyre, After Virtue. (and 2 other landmark works by MacIntyre: Three Rival Versions of Moral Inquiry and Whose Justice? Which Rationality?
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations (and several other of his books: Culture and Value, On Color, Remarks on Religion, Zettel, etc.)
- George Lindbeck, The Nature of Doctrine.
- JRR Tolkein, Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Fergus Kerr, Theology After Wittgenstein.
- Thomas Merton, The Seven Storey Mountain (and several others of his books, especially, I think, Live and Holiness.)
- Any number of books by Stanley Hauerwas. After Christendom comes to mind, but his Peaceable Kingdom also was for me life-changing.
Berlin Fang, 课程设计师（Instructional Designer）
- The Bible
- Fatherhood by Bill Cosby
- Lakewebegon Days by Garrison Keillor
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman
- Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative by Ken Robinson
- Out of Our Minds: Anti-Intellectualism and Talent Development in American Schooling by Craig Howley, Aimee Howley and Edwina Pendarvis
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- The Perfect Mess: The Hidden Benefits of Disorder by David H. Freedman
- Make it Stick by Peter C. Brown, Henry L. Roediger III, Mark A. McDaniel
- A Tree Grows in Brookly by Betty Smith
- Big Data by Tu Zipei
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Rock, Paper, Scissors: Game Theory in Everyday Life by Len Fisher
- Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Long Day’s Journey into Night by Eugene O’Neill
- University Inc. by Jennifer Washburn
- Awake in the Dark by Roger Ebert
- The Good Earth by Pearl Buck
- The Diffusion of Innovations by Everett Rogers
- A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
- Bend of the River by V. S. Naipaul